Did you know that there is a philosophy of 6 Human Needs, created by OsteoStrong ambassador and investor Tony Robbins?
- Certainty – assurance you can avoid pain and gain pleasure;
- Uncertainty / Variety – the need for the unknown, change, new stimuli;
- Love & Connection – a strong feeling of closeness or union with someone or something;
- Significance – feeling unique, important, special or needed;
- Growth – an expansion of capacity, capability or understanding;
- Contribution – a sense of service and focus on helping, giving to and supporting others.
In this article, we will be focusing specifically on No. 3: LOVE & CONNECTION.
I’m sure we can all agree that in 2020, love & connection has significantly declined in the physical sense, simply due to all the forced isolation, social distancing, and overall COVID implications. Our members at OsteoStrong however, have continuously been reminded not only of the importance of this human need, but how much it is at the forefront of our company values. From the individual member phone calls, voicemails and emails checking in; to finding more innovative ideas to offer members ongoing continued support, positive focus, tips & tricks on movement, mindfulness (and so much more!) across all our centres nationally.
For those OsteoStrong centres who were fortunate enough to not have to close, they were still able to deliver love & connection through celebrating each member’s Spectrum session results, take a little extra time listening to concerns and stresses, and offer support wherever possible. We may not be able to offer physical hugs at the moment, or a full smile with our whole face showing, but even the opportunity of physically distanced connection, support and strong sense of community you get in our centres, will be having a profound effect on your health.
Here are some of the wonderful physiological benefits you gain from love and connection:
- Increased longevity
- Eases anxiety
- Relieves harmful levels of stress, having adverse effects on gut health, insulin regulation, and the immune system
- Dopamine increase and mood intensifier, so you feel very appreciated and positive
- It encourages you to take better care of yourself, which in turn can allow you to follow up potential health issues sooner rather than later
If you take anything from this little piece, it is that love & connection can benefit you in so many incredible ways, some obvious and some that you may not have realised. If you ever feel lonely or in need of connection outside of your family and friends, rest assured you can always count on your OsteoStrong family for this.
– article by Sasha on love, connection & contribution